This seminar has been approved for 3.0 CLE credits, including 2.0 Law and Legal Procedure, 1.0 Other CLE Credits for Washington attorneys.
This first workshop tracks recent trends in comic book business and legal practice as it introduces lawyers to the fundamentals of representing comic book industry clients. The workshop tracks the stages of representing a client from the initial comic book concept through to the negotiation of the publishing agreement.
Some of the Issues explored in this first CLE:
- Intellectual property issues in the comic book industry
- Service agreements and collaboration agreements
- What publishers look for in a comic book property
- An overview of comic book publishing agreements
- Legal issues in self-publishing of comic book properties
- March 2, 2018